The Science family of journals has made several changes related specifically to COVID-19, including accelerating the review and release of research papers on COVID-19, all the while preserving the journals’ high-quality peer-review process. All published COVID-19 research, as well as commentary and news, is made freely available and can be accessed on our coronavirus special collections page.
AAAS Member access: If you are a AAAS Member, you may be able to access journal articles through your member login. Visit Member Help for more information on your access.
Institutional access:If you usually access articles from the Science family of journals through your organization’s on-site network, there are several ways you may be able to access articles while offsite. Ask your organization’s library or visit your library’s portal for specific instructions on how to access content remotely, as well as to learn more about your library’s subscriptions.
The Science family of journals includes Science, Science Signaling, Science Translational Medicine, Science Immunology, Science Robotics, and the open access journal Science Advances. AAAS/Science support the following remote access options for our subscription journals:
- VPN or Proxy Server: If your organization provides access to their network through a VPN or Proxy Server (i.e., EZProxy), connecting to the VPN or Proxy Server will allow you to access your organization’s licensed articles from the Sciencefamily of journals. Check with your librarian to see if this is an option for you.
- Google CASA: Campus Activated Subscriber Access (CASA) is a Google Scholar initiative to improve access to research off campus. If you are connected to your campus network (directly or by VPN) and use Google Scholar, Google will remember your organizational affiliation on that same device for 90 days. This 90-day authentication period is refreshed each time you access Google Scholar from within your campus network. If the preconditions for authentication are met, you can click the CASA PDF button on our article pages and be taken to fulltext content per your institution’s current subscriptions.
Preconditions for remote access via Google CASA:
- You have been on your institutional network within the past 90 days
- While on the institution’s IPs, you logged into any Google service (Gmail, Scholar, etc)
- You are accessing AAAS/Science from that same device and browser while remote
Shibboleth/OpenAthens: If your library is a member of a supported Shibboleth federation and has enabled direct access, or if your organization uses OpenAthens, you can use your organizational login to access journals to which your library subscribes. Look for the organizational login link on any article page, where you can select your regional federation from the drop-down list and then select your organization. You will then be able to log in with your organizational credentials and access any content you would normally be able to access on campus.
Still need help?
- If you are a AAAS Member, you may be able to access journal articles through your member login. Visit Member Help for more information on your access.
- If you usually access articles from the Science family of journals through your organization’s on-site network, ask your organization’s library or visit your library’s portal for specific instructions on how to access content remotely, as well as to learn more about your library’s subscriptions.