The Sartorius & Science Prize for Regenerative Medicine & Cell Therapy is an annual prize geared toward researchers focused on basic or translational research that advances regenerative medicine and cell therapy.
The Prize is awarded annually to one researcher for the most outstanding basic or translational research conducted by him/her.
Prize money: US$25,000
Next application deadline: October 1, 2019
Rules of Eligibility
Entrants must have an advanced degree received on or after January 1, 2009. Candidates for M.D./Ph.D. degrees are eligible to compete for the prize if either their Ph.D. or final degree was awarded after January 1, 2009.
The entrant's essay must describe their research and its implications for regenerative medicine or cell therapy.
The entrant must have performed the work described in the essay.
Employees of Sartorius, its subsidiaries, Science/AAAS, and their relatives are not eligible for the prize.
Procedures for Entry
The entrant must submit the following items:
- A completed Entry Form.
- An essay, written by the entrant, which describes his or her research and showcases its innovation for the field. The essay must not exceed 1,000 words in length. The applicant must have performed all of the work.
- A one-page letter of recommendation from his or her postdoctoral adviser, supervisor, or other senior colleague who is familiar with the entrant's work.
- A Curriculum Vitae that includes the following:
- Full citations of papers that the entrant has published on the research described in the essay
- Academic and professional awards and honors that the entrant has received; and
- Relevant professional experience
- Copies of two of the entrant's papers that are most relevant to the essay.
The Entry Form and additional submission materials must be submitted electronically through our prize management system here.
Below is a timeline for the prize selection process. You will be contacted only if there are additional materials or information needed.
October/November/December: Compilation and Review of Submissions
January: Selection of Prize Winner
Spring 2019: Announcement of Prize Winner and Awards Ceremony during the upcoming Research Xchange Forum 2019 (https://promotions.sartorius.com/rxf2018/#)
Deadline for Entries
October 1, 2019
Editors from Science will be responsible for the initial evaluation of the essays. The top 10 percent of the essays will be forwarded to the judging panel. The judging panel will be composed of prominent international researchers in the field. The essays will be rated in two areas: scientific quality and significance, and clarity and style of the writing.