The dreaded question. “So, what’s your Ph.D. research about?” You take a deep breath and launch into the explanation. People’s eyes begin to glaze over…
At times like these, don’t you wish you could just turn to the nearest computer and show people an online video of your Ph.D. thesis interpreted in dance form?
Now you can. And while you’re at it, you can win $1000, achieve immortal geek fame on the Internet, and be recognized by Science for your effort.
Prizes: The cash prizes are $500 for the best dance in each category, and an additional $500 for the overall winner. The grand prize is still under wraps. Stay tuned.
How to enter
- Turn your Ph.D. thesis into a dance.
- Post the video on YouTube.
- Send us the link by 29 September 2017 at 11:59 EST.
A cash prize goes to the best Ph.D. dance in each category:
PHYSICS – $500
CHEMISTRY – $500
BIOLOGY – $500
SOCIAL SCIENCES – $500
- You must have a Ph.D., or be working on one as a Ph.D. student.
- Your Ph.D. must be in a science-related field (see FAQ).
- You must be part of the dance (see FAQ).
Submission deadline: 29 September 2017 at 11:59 EST
Those are the basics. Here’s the fine print.