The administrator of your institutional subscription account must activate your licensed publications at HighWire in order to begin access.
- To begin the activation process, click the “Go to the Activation Page” button below.
- Enter your AAAS account number and click “Submit.”
- Enter the primary administrator’s contact information along with your desired user name and password. This is the point of contact to which all future account correspondence will be addressed.
- Read the terms and conditions of the institutional license (available on our website here). By activating your account, you agree to these terms unless a current signed agreement exists between your institution and AAAS. Check the box at the bottom of the page to accept, then click “Submit.”
- You will see a confirmation page which lists your account’s current access rights as well as your AAAS number and username. Please note that your activation is not complete at this step; you must click “Register my institution’s IP addresses” at the bottom of the page to finish activation.
- Enter your institution's IP addresses for all sites covered by the license. Please be aware that at this time, access for institutional subscriptions can only be provided via IP authentication, and it is the institution’s responsibility to establish a secure proxy server for authorized users if remote access is required. Please see our FAQ page for more information about IPs.
- Click “Save” to finish registering your IPs. Your account is now activated and can be managed through the Librarian Portal.
If you have any questions or need further assistance, please contact Institutional Licensing Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org.