AAAS, an international nonprofit scientific association established in 1849, publishes four journals: Science, Science Advances, Science Signaling and Science Translational Medicine. Our journals are essential to fulfilling the AAAS mission to “advance science, engineering, and innovation throughout the world for the benefit of all people.” By publishing the very best in scientific research, commentary and news, the Science family of journals furthers the AAAS goal to “enhance communication among scientists, engineers, and the public.”
Why Publish With Us
The Science journals are among the most highly-regarded journals in the world for quality and selectivity. Our team is committed to publishing the best in science, at the highest editorial standards, from all countries, on all fronts. Our success stems from the community of scientists who work with us as editors, reviewers and authors, and who provide cutting-edge research and incisive scientific commentary. In return, we promise to provide the following advantages:
- Scientific impact. Publishing with us puts your best work in the company of the most cited and most discussed scientific research. It's the work that's read, covered, talked about and shared.
- Efficient handling. We are committed to bringing the best peer-reviewed scientific work to publication as quickly as possible. The efforts of our editorial staff, and our strong links with a network of highly qualified, dedicated reviewers, allow us to expedite handling of key manuscripts. Decisions on most submissions are reached within a few weeks, and papers are commonly published less than four months after submission. Our editors recommend certain rejected papers be transferred to another journal within our portfolio when the scope of the paper and/or the reviewer comments support transfer. In such cases, we can easily transfer manuscripts and reviews to another journal within our family with no reformatting required.
- International scope. Our publications, in print and online, reach a truly worldwide audience of three million readers or more -- including leaders not only in the research community but in science policy, academic administration, industry, and scientific funding agencies.
- Outreach and visibility. Our journals are supported by a strong press effort, dedicated to making important findings and scientific insights accessible to journalists and the public alike. Electronic distribution channels such as social media, electronic newsletters and RSS feeds also keep the work we publish in front of interested individuals. And we are committed to opening up of scientific content to the developing world through our participation in programs such as HINARI , AGORA, and SciDevNet,. Through Science Advances we provide a gold open access options for researchers who prefer this mode of dissemination.
- Expert commentary. Research in our journals is given extra accessibility and depth through commentaries, reviews, and editorial summaries, and through the analysis and reporting of an award-winning news staff.
- Solid production values. In print, that means a top-quality publication with layout, art, and production values suitable for the best work out there. Online, it means not only an attractive Web site, but a functional and navigable one that takes full advantage of the Web's power to go beyond the printed page -- through organized presentation of video, audio, and data.
Contributors to the Science journals should review our policies prior to submission. By submitting to us, authors implicitly agree to a number of editorial and publishing policies that are central to our mission. These policies cover topics such as licensing, conflict of interest, authorship, prepublication confidentiality, availability of data and materials, and research integrity. Most editorial policies are uniform across our journals though each journal may have additional policies that address specific issues relevant to the journal.
For specific information on these policies and the mission/scope of the journal as well as instructions for preparing and submitting manuscripts to and/or reviewing for one of Science's publications, please follow the publication-specific links below: